As parents, we want to create a perfect world for our children and protect them from pain and harm. Unfortunately this is not always possible. Difficult issues arise - be it divorce, death or substance abuse.
In this section you will find a series of articles on difficult issues. They offer realistic, practical advice about how to deal and cope with these issues.
Additional Resources:(Children's Services takes no responsibility for content published on 3rd party sites)
- Alberta Mental Health Board
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Alberta Division
- Grieving Child.org
- GriefNet - KidsAid
- KidsHealth for Parents - Tips for Divorcing Parents
- Little Warriors
- National Center for Grieving Children and Families (Dougy Center) - How Children Grieve
- Rainbows Canada
- Stepfamily Foundation of Alberta